Beyond Peak – Post 16
Post-16 is the preparation of pupils for their journey Beyond Peak.
At Post-16 we aim to:
- Provide a broad, balanced, age appropriate and relevant curriculum that enables pupils to develop, progress and achieve to the best of their ability.
- Create a stimulating, exciting and enjoyable learning setting which promotes independence, initiative and emotional wellbeing.
- Work closely and collaboratively with parents, carers, employers and other key stakeholders.
- Respect difference and diversity and promote an attitude of understanding and tolerance.
- Ensure opportunities to promote inclusion within school and with the wider community.
- Prepare our pupils fully for transition to their intended destination.
The Beyond Peak curriculum supports our pupils to reach their potential. Our goal is for each pupil to transition with the emotional, social and academic skills to guide them through their next steps beyond Peak School.
Pupils in post-16 access a wide range of person centred learning opportunities through a curriculum that promotes independence, pupil voice and the progression of key-skills developed in previous key stages.
At Peak School our Post-16 curriculum provides:
- Pupils with a structured and challenging learning programme that supports their development and progression in line with their individual plans and Beyond Peak portfolios. The provision is tailored to the individual aspirations and needs of pupils and is informed by pupil voice.
- A range of qualifications that stretch pupils and prepare them for education at the next level, for employment, independent or supported living or other intended destination.
- English, Maths, and IT coverage across all pathways.
- Careers and work related learning to give pupils the opportunity to develop their employability skills, independence, interests, and career choices.
- Other non-qualification activities to develop pupil character, broader skills, attitudes, and confidence, and to support progression and life skills.
- Meaningful links with the local community
All post-16 pupils access accredited learning is linked to pathway and interest. There is a strong emphasis on the development of functional literacy, numeracy and IT as well as independence, employability and life skills. Where appropriate, we support our pupils to prepare for functional skills accreditations.
Pupils access a wide range of opportunities to develop life skills with a vocational focus throughout school. Opportunities based around the pupil strengths and interests are identified in Beyond Peak portfolios and inform employability and work-related learning. All post-16 pupils follow the Beyond Peak careers programme. Peak School use the Gatsby Benchmarks to guide and evaluate the careers provision.
Pupils have access to tailored provision on site including catering, ICT and a fully equipped life skills area to support the development of life and living skills.
Our Enterprise Adviser is Richard Lower from Tarmac
Our Enterprise Co-ordinator is Charlotte Bushell